Commodity and Equity Bifurcation Continues Towards Plaid
The markets have gone plaid.Â We had horrible Chinese and German flash PMI data come out this morning which kept commodity prices under duress all day. Copper continues its trek towards $3.00 per lb.Â Silver broke back below $23 after challenging $24 yesterday. The grain complex was whacked across the board in late session trading — corn and soybeans were both sold without prejudice.Â Softs like coffee and sugar had bad days as well.Â German and Chinese demand numbers are bad.Â U.S. housing data released this morning was awful as well, with new home sales at a 9 month low and ASP’s dropping as well.
So, what do stocks do? They rally hard, of course.Â When there is a silly amount of liquidity sloshing around and an entire generation of Japanese investors sending their capital overseas as fast as the lifeboats from the Titanic can carry them away from the Ring of Fire there is little that can be done to stop the short-squeezing carnage.
Not that Bernanke and The Fed want that carnage to stop, of course.Â I mean, how else is the cash-strapped U.S. consumer going to keep
lining the pockets of the global banking eliteÂ funding the recovery if they don’t borrow against their 401k accounts to pay for food?Â And they can only do that if equities and bonds continue to rise in price against falling commodity prices.Â Only oil acted like a risk-on asset rising about $1 as either WTI or Brent Crude.
Ain’t the new normal grand?
The S&P 500 closed up 16.28 to 1578.28 while the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed to 14719.46, up 152.29.
Most Popular Content
- Concerns Over Economy Sees Mixed Sentiment On Pound
- Gold Price – To Buy Or Not To Buy?
- Dollar Holds Strong Against Euro and Pound
- Pound and Euro Cave In To Pressure
- Chaos Surrounds The Pound
- Pound Falls Strongly After UK Interest Rates Unchanged
- Ukraine Tensions Ease And Dollar Gains
- Could The Pounds Run Be Over?
Currency Articles - Oct 13, 2014 9:26 - 0 Comments
More In Currency Articles
Gold and Oil News - Oct 7, 2014 17:44 - 0 Comments
More In Gold and Oil News
- Gold Falls But Higher Prices May Be On The Horizon
- Gold Prices Spike Higher On Increased Israel Tension
Shares and Markets - May 1, 2014 10:50 - 0 Comments
More In Shares and Markets
- Glaxosmithkline Share Price Rebound Halts On Slower Sales
- Royal Mail Share Price Will Not Be Investigated