Cyprus Headlines Are Deja Vu All Over Again
What is it about the European Union and the month of March?Â It was almost a year to the day that the Troika unveiled its secret plan to thieve the bank depositors in Cyrpus from the fateful Greek elections that resulted in actual impairment of holders of Greek debt.Â Greece was fixed only by overthrowing its government and turning much of the country into a debt-ridden hole that the people will never crawl out of, all to be sacrificed on the alter of European
Watching the headlines today reminds me of last March where seemingly every 20 minutes there is another headline proclaiming the situation ‘fixed,’ ‘solved,’ or just plain ‘over,’ only to be contradicted by a different headline saying both sides have been reduced to hurling spitballs at each other.
Frankly, it would be more entertaining.Â And entertainment, at a certain level is what is missing from the events in Cyprus.Â We have apartment raids, specious suicides and bank runs.Â They have it right in Italy.Â When the economic situation becomes absurd so should the politics. Cyprus should bring Beppe Grillo in to moderate, then at least someone will be speaking something close to the truth every once in a while.
No outcome here will make a majority of any group happy.Â And the situation truly is so weird that laying down predictions as to what will happen is simply a fool’s errand.Â The only thing we can be sure of is that the demand for physical assets held outside the banks will rise quickly around Europe and it should in the U.S. as well, given that the IMF was the point man on this insanity.
Most Popular Content
- Dollar Remains Strong As Oil Prices Fall
- All Eyes On GDP Data as Pound Holds Support
- Outlook for the Pound and Dollar
- Pound Still in Downwards Trend Fuelled by Economic Outlook
- Dollar Gains Ground into Veterans Day
- Rebound in EURUSD Makes a Sharp Retrace
- Dollar at Highs as Pound Forms a Base
- Concerns Over Economy Sees Mixed Sentiment On Pound
Currency Articles - Dec 12, 2014 11:47 - 0 Comments
More In Currency Articles
Gold and Oil News - Oct 7, 2014 17:44 - 0 Comments
More In Gold and Oil News
- Gold Falls But Higher Prices May Be On The Horizon
- Gold Prices Spike Higher On Increased Israel Tension
Shares and Markets - May 1, 2014 10:50 - 0 Comments
More In Shares and Markets
- Glaxosmithkline Share Price Rebound Halts On Slower Sales
- Royal Mail Share Price Will Not Be Investigated