Gold Closes over $1680, Sets Up Bullish Breakout
I’ll make this brief.Â If gold closes above $1678.50 tomorrow then that is a bullish 2-bar reversal on the weekly chart which cannot be ignored.Â Considering how hard this level is being contested currently by the Exchange Stabilization Fund and others I will say with confidence that this latest downdraft — nearly wholly manufactured by the ESF in my opinion — is over and the bull market in Gold will be back on.
This would be the first two week uptrend since the peak at $1800 after the QEIII announcement.Â Moreover, it will be a classic 2 bar reversal with the weekly close above the previous week’s high.Â I would feel more comfortable making the breakout call with a close above $1700 but with option pain on GLD being $162 this month and options expiry tomorrow, that probability is low.Â GLD closed today at $162.65.Â I fully expect an attempt to bring it down to $161.99 tomorrow.
This has been an exceptionally low volatility week so far.Â There is a strong possibility of a big move of some form tomorrow up or down because of it.Â But at this point the Bundesbank has done the dirty work to give gold bulls a little more spring in their step as no one who is a serious watcher of these markets believes for a second that repatriating 15% of Germany’s gold reserves is nothing more than political appeasement to the libertarians living in Germany who are clamoring for a return to a gold-backed currency.
Most Popular Content
- All Eyes On GDP Data as Pound Holds Support
- Outlook for the Pound and Dollar
- Pound Still in Downwards Trend Fuelled by Economic Outlook
- Dollar Gains Ground into Veterans Day
- Rebound in EURUSD Makes a Sharp Retrace
- Dollar at Highs as Pound Forms a Base
- Concerns Over Economy Sees Mixed Sentiment On Pound
- Gold Price – To Buy Or Not To Buy?
Currency Articles - Nov 25, 2014 10:33 - 0 Comments
More In Currency Articles
Gold and Oil News - Oct 7, 2014 17:44 - 0 Comments
More In Gold and Oil News
- Gold Falls But Higher Prices May Be On The Horizon
- Gold Prices Spike Higher On Increased Israel Tension
Shares and Markets - May 1, 2014 10:50 - 0 Comments
More In Shares and Markets
- Glaxosmithkline Share Price Rebound Halts On Slower Sales
- Royal Mail Share Price Will Not Be Investigated