Gold Spies $1730 and Retreats, Six More Weeks of Winter
There was a moment to start the month this morning where Gold looked like it wanted to take a crack at last week’s high of $1731.45 on the December contract, now the front-month contract.Â But, like the east Pennsylvanian ground hog, it saw its shadow and retreated for the safety of the $1710′s, closing the afternoon on the Globex at $1715.15.Â That said, however, a strong showing tonight in Asia pushing the price back over $1720 or even $1725 before the U.S. jobs report and that could be high enough to make a stab at that level.
But, since this is already being billed as the most important jobs number in the history of everything (OMG!), at least for those who have Democratic party sympathies, it would be the height of silliness to believe that any number other than a beat would be reported.Â Last week’s initial jobless claims which was also beat expectations was revised down last week and this week’s beat by just 1k.Â And, since, as Zerohedge has been so kind to point out, that number has been revised upwards now 80(!) weeks in a row, for all intents and purposes the jobless claims number actually missed expectations.
The truth is that behind the headlines there is nothing but smoke and mirrors while the illusion of stability continues to be promoted without any rational reason as to why it should be.Â The physical market for gold is to tight it could be Megan Fox’s abs and yet the futures market continues to grind in an ever tighter coiling pattern waiting to pounce higher.
Most Popular Content
- Dollar Remains Strong As Oil Prices Fall
- All Eyes On GDP Data as Pound Holds Support
- Outlook for the Pound and Dollar
- Pound Still in Downwards Trend Fuelled by Economic Outlook
- Dollar Gains Ground into Veterans Day
- Rebound in EURUSD Makes a Sharp Retrace
- Dollar at Highs as Pound Forms a Base
- Concerns Over Economy Sees Mixed Sentiment On Pound
Currency Articles - Dec 12, 2014 11:47 - 0 Comments
More In Currency Articles
Gold and Oil News - Oct 7, 2014 17:44 - 0 Comments
More In Gold and Oil News
- Gold Falls But Higher Prices May Be On The Horizon
- Gold Prices Spike Higher On Increased Israel Tension
Shares and Markets - May 1, 2014 10:50 - 0 Comments
More In Shares and Markets
- Glaxosmithkline Share Price Rebound Halts On Slower Sales
- Royal Mail Share Price Will Not Be Investigated