Gold Pops, Pushes Through $1730
Apparently, the initial talks in Washington have the markets believing that Congress and the Senate will come to an arrangement on the fiscal cliff because that sent risk assets higher today.Â Silver popped $0.65 and closed over the important $33 level while world equities were up strong from Japan to the U.S.Â Gold went along for the ride as options expiration shenanigans were behind us all and the markets could be freed from the market makers inflicting pain on the contract holders.
Gold popped on the COMEX open and was held just below the resistance at $1730 for most of the morning until just before the European close where it pushed through on the back of the Euro breaking above $1.28, and hit a high of $1736 before being bled back down to $1731 on the Globex close.Â Gold now needs a daily close on the COMEX above $1738 to confirm any kind of structural positive momentum.Â But, if the Fed has now begun its MBS buying program under QEIII, which last week’s data suggests, then we’ve likely seen all of the negativity we’re going to see through the end of the year, as the holiday shopping season is now officially upon us and expectations have to be managed upwards to reassure people that there truly is a Santa Claus and he lives at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, along with some small percentage of Germany’s gold.
Most Popular Content
- Outlook for the Pound and Dollar
- Pound Still in Downwards Trend Fuelled by Economic Outlook
- Dollar Gains Ground into Veterans Day
- Rebound in EURUSD Makes a Sharp Retrace
- Dollar at Highs as Pound Forms a Base
- Concerns Over Economy Sees Mixed Sentiment On Pound
- Gold Price – To Buy Or Not To Buy?
- Dollar Holds Strong Against Euro and Pound
Currency Articles - Nov 20, 2014 11:03 - 0 Comments
More In Currency Articles
Gold and Oil News - Oct 7, 2014 17:44 - 0 Comments
More In Gold and Oil News
- Gold Falls But Higher Prices May Be On The Horizon
- Gold Prices Spike Higher On Increased Israel Tension
Shares and Markets - May 1, 2014 10:50 - 0 Comments
More In Shares and Markets
- Glaxosmithkline Share Price Rebound Halts On Slower Sales
- Royal Mail Share Price Will Not Be Investigated